Friday, June 16, 2006

Hope


"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word."
Psalm 119:114

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13



This is my daughter, Rachel, holding a little girl named Happy. Happy does not look too happy because her mother died recently and she is new to Hannah's House. She is an under stimulated baby. My hope is that someday Happy will know all of God's promises and that she will experience what true happiness is. Happy stole my heart and I pray for her daily.

I am so proud of Rachel and her heart for little kids and especially orphans. I can see how drawn she is to them and they seem to respond to her as well. Rachel has already stolen my heart many years ago.

It seemed like (Dione...that's you word) in the middle of some very poor living conditions that you might consider hopeless, there was hope. This hope was in the name of Hannah's House and the other learning center we visited. These two women knew Jesus and in the name and power of Jesus, they have given some of these kids hope and they are learning about Jesus. This hope is spreading into the neighborhood. It reminds me of the parable of the mustard seed. Jesus used the smallest seed to show that the kingdom of God has small beginnings but will grow and produce great results.

I miss seeing all of you and really enjoyed meeting you and getting to know you.

Mike.......Papa Duck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home