Monday, June 26, 2006

We Are One Body in Christ


This trip was such an eye opener for me. I knew that the Lord has a special place for everyone, but this allowed me to see it too. He brought together many different people with different talents and personalities and was able to use each one of us to do His work. Our team worked together as One Body in Christ's Name. Not only that, but the beautiful people of Ethiopia we were there to minister to, ministered to me. I was amazed to see these people with so little material goods still so joyful, loving, kind, and willing to share the little they had with complete strangers. I felt a connection to many of the children because so many reminded me of the children I teach back in the states. I saw children helping one another, giving each other hugs, playing games together, laughing, sharing, singing, and, most importantly, praying for one another. These are all things that I witness everyday as a teacher. It is so refreshing to know that no matter what situation children live in, children all over the world are the same when they have Jesus in their heart. Nothing can keep us from being one body in Christ Jesus as long as we let Him into our hearts. --Courtney

1 Comments:

Blogger Visiting Orphans said...

Amen Courtney! Thanks for writing this! We miss you and I have pictures of you.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home