Sunday, August 12, 2007

Enlarging the place of my tent....

I signed up for this trip as an "in the process" adoptive mom. My husband and I were almost done gathering our paperwork for our Ethiopian baby boy. I knew this trip would be perfect...an opportunity to serve the Lord I love and serve His people and the country where our kids would come from (since I was already planning our next adoption in my mind, even before the first one was finished. That's just how I work). I wanted to meet the people and the culture and the land...connect.

Connect I did. I will forever be changed by what I saw, what I experienced, what I touched and smelled.

In fact, now we are adopting two children! The Lord worked in my heart, as well as my husband's, and we feel burdened for all of the children. So many. So precious. So many "older" ones with not much of a chance. Why? Because they are not a baby any more. (By older I mean over 2 years old.)

I saw plenty of older ones that desperately need a lap to sit in, a family to love them.

I saw the most handsome 14 year old boy. He'd been at the orphange since he was 7. No problems, just not a baby anymore. Do you have room for him? Do I?

Praise God, for He has changed my heart forever through this trip.

"Enlarge the place of your tent; Stretch out the curtains of your dwellings, spare not; Lengthen your cords and strengthen your pegs. For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left. And your descendants will possess nations and will resettle the desolate cities." Isaiah 54: 2-3

And I turned the big 3-0! What a special way to celebrate my birthday! Thanks ya'll!

Here's what I'm clinging to these days:

"Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass." 1 Thessalonians 5:24

See you in Ethiopia!

love, jill :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home